Monday, July 09, 2012
We focus not only on treating particular symptoms and complaints, but on solving the problem. We emphasize preventative care and wellness. You will find that our doctors and staff really take the time to talk to you and answer any questions you may have. An educated patient can make better decisions about their own health. We believe that we are partners in keeping you healthy.
We are able to provide comprehensive care for patients of all ages: newborns to the elderly, womenâ€™s care, including PAP smears, and minor office surgeries.
We provide care to patients in the outpatient setting only (in the office). If you require hospitalization, our trusted colleagues in the hospital will care for you. We have excellent communication with them, so your care will be seamless.
We welcome walk in visits for any urgency or injury that may arise.
You may make a same day appointment if desired.
For your convenience we offer laboratory services on site, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
X-Rays are available in the office 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
We have a registered nurse (RN) to answer any medical questions you may have, refill medications, and assist with appointments, since your own doctor or nurse may not be immediately available.
Some guidelines to make your visit most efficient:
- Please be on time for your appointment. We all realize the time commitment involved in a doctor visit and we attempt to stay on schedule. Tardiness will delay other patients.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please give at least 24 hours notice. As we are a very busy office, appointments are valued. A missed appointment could be used by another patient.
- New patients and all physicals please arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete required paperwork. Please visit our Patient Forms section to download available forms.
- Please bring an accurate list of all medications taken, including over-the-counter remedies and vitamins.
- Diabetics please bring your blood sugar meter or logs for the doctor to review. We can download many meters into our computer.
- Blood pressure patients please bring your blood pressure logs.
- Requests for forms (FMLA, disability, etc.) to be completed may take up to 5 business days. A fee may accompany form completion.
- Cell phones must be turned OFF while in the office. They disrupt our equipment and those around you.
- Payments are expected at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made. Co-pays will be collected before seeing the doctor.
- We appreciate feedback about your care, our staff, and our policies and fees. Your opinion is valued and is used to improve care in the future. Our clinic manager will be happy to meet with you to discuss any concerns.