All of the family physicians at Novant Health Meridian Medical Group are board-certified in family medicine. Following medical school, family physicians complete an internship and three years of residency in family medicine.
We are experts in comprehensive whole-body and whole-family care. We enjoy caring for multiple family members. We emphasize health prevention and wellness as well as treating illness and injury in a thorough manner, right here in our office. Our scope of family medicine services includes:
- Newborn and pediatric care
- Adolescent visits
- Physical exams, including school, sports, employment and D.O.T. physicals
- Women's care, including annual gynecological exams with breast and pelvic exams, contraception, Pap smears and post-menopausal care
- Sports medicine for the athlete of all levels, injuries, joint injections, physical therapy, osteopathic manipulative treatments, and designing and coordinating rehabilitation programs
- Immunizations for infants through adults
- Minor surgery, including laceration repair (stitches), dermatology surgery, such as moles, warts and skin cancers, biopsy and removal of skin lesions, intrauterine device (IUD) placement for contraception
- Expert diabetes care (many of our physicians have been recognized by the NCQA/American Diabetes Association for excellence in care in diabetes)
- Care of the heart and cardiovascular patient, (many of our physicians have been recognized by the NCQA/American Heart Association for excellence in cardiovascular care); nuclear stress tests are even performed right here in our office!